BRLAX Mailing List
Coaching Positions Available
Below is a list of available coaching positions in Northern Ohio. If you have an interest in a position please contact the person(s) list in the position information. Burning River has no further information on any of these positions. If you would like to list a coaching position please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position listing, contact information and any other information concerning the position.
Olmsted Falls - Girls Assistant Coach - Posted 11/7/2016
Olmsted Falls HS is looking for a Girls varsity assistant coach for this season. Please spread the word in your circles and have interested candidates contact Jill Balfour, Girls Head Lacrosse Coach, Olmsted Falls High School at 440-343-5837
St. Ignatius - High School Head Coach - Posted 9/12/2016
Saint Ignatius High School, a highly successful Jesuit college preparatory school for boys in Cleveland, Ohio, is seeking a Head Lacrosse Coach for the 2016-2017 school year.
Interested candidates can review a job description at Click Here.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Olmsted Falls - High School Boys Head Coach - Posted 9/12/16
Available: Immediately. Deadline: October 30, 2016.
The head boys' lacrosse coach has the responsibility for the overall operation of the boys' lacrosse program in the Olmsted Falls City School District in accordance with OHSAA and Southwestern Conference rules and regulations. The head coach has primary coaching responsibility for the varsity team but will be committed to working with all levels of the program (Olmsted Falls Lacrosse Association as well as for grades 9-12). The head coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a structured, developmentally appropriate, increasingly competitive and dignified program. The applicant must understand the concept that interscholastic athletics are a desirable part of the total school program and are essential to the social, emotional and intellectual development of the student-athlete.
The head coach will be expected to exemplify high moral character, behavior and leadership, adhering to strong ethical land integrity standards. The coach will respect each individual, abide by and teach the rules of the game in spirit and letter, set a good example for players and spectators to follow with both words and gestures, refrain from the use of profanity, obscene language or improper actions, teach and display good sportsmanship, treat opponents and officials with dignity and respect, instill good health habits and training rules, and maintain the highest level of responsibility and behavior that is expected of all Olmsted Falls City School District employees.
Required qualifications: Successful lacrosse coaching experience; effective interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to lead a high school Division I program. The candidate should have possession of a valid Pupil Activity Supervisory certificate (which would entail the completion of the Fundamentals of Coaching Class, Basic Coaching Sports Medicine certification, concussion certification, and certified in CPR) prior to employment. BCI/FBI background check required. Appointment: Part-Time, 3 months.
Contact for information: Rob Coxon, Athletic Director, 26939 Bagley Road, Olmsted Falls, OH 44138. Phone: (440) 427-6100 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocky River - High School Boys Head Coach - Posted 9/9/2016
Available: Immediately. Deadline: October 1, 2016.
Rocky River High School is a mid-size school adjacent to Cleveland. Rocky River has an excellent youth program (2016 Ohio Middle School Lacrosse Association state champions) and offers a supportive atmosphere to grow the game of Lacrosse.
Rocky River offers an above average salary and a tremendously supportive, invested community. Applicants should be committed to leading the boys' lacrosse community from youth to high school, provide boys with positive role-modeling, and be a leader in the community. Interested applicants, complete a coaching application and contact Mark Wagner. Telephone and Facetime or other meetings will be accepted following screening process. Appointment: Part-Time, 4 months.
Contact for information: Mark Wagner, Director of Athletic and Activities, 20951 Detroit Road, Rocky River, OH 44116. Phone: (440) 356-6800 x6803 Fax: (440) 331-2189 E-mail: email@example.com
Bay Village - Head Coach - Posted 9/9/2016
Available: Immediately. Deadline: September 7, 2016.
1. Develops a climate that is highly competitive, with high expectations, and a winning attitude for athletes and coaches and holds athletes and coaches accountable at all times.
2. Successful experience as a coach for at least two levels of middle school and high school in the particular sport.
3. Possesses the experience in providing instruction in their sport to students.
4. Possesses evidence of the ability to provide strong leadership.
5. Displays the evidence of the ability to identify and communicate reasonable goals.
6. Displays evidence of the ability to manage students.
7. Supports all youth programs.
8. Teaches effort and discipline every day.
9. Teaches the fundamentals of the game.
10. Develops a program whose goal is to reach all students with all abilities. Everyone is an active member of the team.
11. Is a positive role model for student-athletes.
12. Possesses the experience in successfully communicating with athletes, parents, the student body, professional staff (teachers, administrators, custodians, etc.), community, officials, coaches, and media.
13. Displays integrity, enthusiasm, honesty and the love for the game and for teaching the game.
14. Maintains high visibility in the school and community.
15. Actively recruits athletes in the Bay Schools to be a member of the program.
16. Has the ability to self evaluate and to evaluate the entire program.
Salary: Competitive to other high school head coaching positions. Appointment: Part-Time, 4 months.
Contact for application and information: Matt Spellman, Athletic Director, Bay High School, 29230 Wolf Rd, Bay Village, OH 44140. Phone: (440) 617-7430 Fax: (440) 617-7427 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org