Advanced Skills / Travel Team Practice Overview
We at Burning River have put together a multi day group and team concept skills camp. The camp is for players looking to improve their group and team concept skills and make the step up to the next level.
It is not for beginning players.
The instruction will be intense, in small groups (att, mid, def, goalies) and geared towards helping the attendees get ready to lead their teams in the coming year. The instruction will be given by some of the top area coaches and Burning River Lacrosse alumni who are playing in college. It will be based on the practices that some of the top college coaches in Division 1, 2, and 3 (e.g. Salisbury, Roanoke, NYIT, Syracuse, Maryland, Hobart) have helped us organize and have used themselves to guide their teams to the success they have had in the NCAA playoffs.
How Do I Register For The Sessions?
To register click on the link for your age group below:
- 4th, 5th or 6th grade - Sunday, November 18, December 2, 9 or January 27 - 8:30 am to 10:15 am. Click To Register
- 7th or 8th grade - Sunday, November 18, December 2, 9 or January 27 - 10:15 am to 12:00 noon. Cost is $35. Click To Register
- High School - Thursday, November 29, December 6, 13 or January 10, 17 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Cost is $35. Click To Register
If you have any questions about the sessions or the registration process please contact us at 216.373.5684
Advanced Skills / Travel Practice Sessions Overview
- Single Sessions - $35 per session
- All 5 Sessions for the price of 4 - $140
- The camp is for players looking to improve their skills and make the step up to the next level.
- It is not for beginning players.
- The instruction will be intense and geared towards helping the campers get ready to lead their teams in the coming year.
- 4th, 5th or 6th grade - Sunday, November 18, December 2, 9 and / or January 27 - 8:30 am to 10:15 am.
- 7th or 8th grade - Sunday, November 18, December 2, 9 and / or January 27 - 10:15 am to 12:00 noon.
- High School - Thursday, November 29, December 6, 13 or January 10, 17 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- 4th to 8th grade - N. Royalton Fieldhouse (Last building in the back) located at 10701 Royalton Road, North Royalton, Ohio 44133
- High School - CAPS fieldhouse in Valley View located at: 6060 W CANAL Rd, VALLEY VIEW, OH 44125
Burning River Lacrosse's directors / coaches are some of the area’s top college coaches, high school coaches, and college players (BR Alumni). Burning River's coaches are focused on the goal of improving a player’s individual / fundamental stick skills, his positional skill set (Attack, Midfield, Defense and Goaltending), and his understanding of team concepts (Transition and Set Piece Offense and Defense) play. We do this by spending the vast majority of our coaching time teaching techniques and fundamentals in individual or small group sessions.
- High School - Depending on the week college coaches from John Carroll, Hiram, Lake Erie College, Mt. Union, Walsh, Wooster and others will be at the sessions.
Sample Session Plan:
- 0:00 to 0:10 Stretching / warm-up
- 0:10 to 0:20 Individual Fundamentals
- GBs (10 minutes)
- 0:20 to 0:40 Standard to Start (short sticks shoot, long sticks working on passing)
- Defense stick work
- 0:40 to 1:10 Group Fundamentals (we will cover one of the following four topics each session)
- Unsettled Offense / Defense
- Settled Offense / Defense
- Clearing / Riding
- 1:10 to 2:00 Team Fundamentals
- Full or ½ field team situations based on the four topics above