Canadian Box Lacrosse
How Do I Register For The League?
To register click on the link for your location below:
- Pinnacle in Medina - Player/$150 - Goalies/Free, Teams/$2,000 - Click to Register (Medina)
If you have any questions about the league or the registration process please contact us at 216.373.5684
2018/19 Box League Info (Pinnacle)
The league is open to all area HS, 7/8th, 5/6th grade players and teams.
As per the OHSAA, box lacrosse is not considered lacrosse so schools may enter as teams.
Note - Based on parent feedback and to help with transportation / logistics our league runs for 2+ hours every other week rather than 1 hour every week.
The dates for each division are listed below.
- Middle School / Youth - November 25, December 9, January 13, Feb 3 and 10.
- High School - November 18, December 2, 16, January 6 and 20.
- Practice and Games will be held at btw 3:30 pm and 9:30 pm
- Players will get 2 hours for practice and games on each date (2 hours on 5 weeks) - rather than 1 hour for 10 weeks. (e.g. a 40 minute practice and two 40 minute games each session)
- The first week will include an overview of Box Lacrosse (field, rules, etc)
- A full schedule will be out before the season so players can plan their calendars.
- The league will be held at the Pinnacle Sports Complex located at 313 Medina Road, Medina, Ohio 44256.
- For specific directions click here.
The league cost is:
- Field Players - $150
- Goalies - Free
- Teams (up to 20 players) - $2,000
All players can also order the following:
- A Burning River Box Jersey - $50 - MUST BE ORDERED BY NOVEMBER 1, 2018.
- Rib guards - $45
- Bicep pads - $35
Note: A $25 processing fee will be assessed to any returned checks.
Registration Deadline: Monday, November 11, 2018.
Late registrations are on a case by case basis and will be assessed a $20 surcharge.
Burning River Lacrosse's directors / coaches some of the area’s top college coaches, high school coaches, and college players (BR Alumni). Burning River's coaches are focused on the goal of improving a player’s individual / fundamental stick skills, his positional skill set (Attack, Midfield, Defense and Goaltending), and his understanding of team concepts (Transition and Set Piece Offense and Defense) play. We do this by spending the vast majority of our coaching time teaching techniques and fundamentals in individual or small group sessions.
All our coaches are USBOXLA certified and / or have experience playing Canadian Box Lacrosse at a high level.
Equipment (Field Players) - Rib Guards & Bicep Pads Are NEEDED!
Field players need to purchase / find the following:
- 1) rib guards, and
- 2) kidney / bicep pads.
These are not optional in Canadian Box Lacrosse and you will be happy that you got them. You can find them online or we have a limited number of new Rib Guards ($45) and bicep pads ($35) available on a first come first served basis. You can purchase them when you register or by emailing us directly at email@example.com.
Note - You also need to wear all your regular equipment including (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, athletic cup, mouth piece, and stick).
Equipment (Goalies) - We provide the gear.
- Goalies need to wear full box goalie gear (looks like hockey gear).
- Since the gear runs $1,500+ we will provide all the goalies with the gear.
- Goalies do however, need to bring their helmet, gloves and stick.
- The field is old fashioned turf so wear your sneakers, not your cleats.
Burning River does not provide medical insurance. All players must have their own medical insurance.