Midwest Challenge Cup - April 29 and 30, 2023
We are bringing our attention to detail, communication, and logistic expertise to middle school and youth tournament management.
We will focus on the details so that you don't have to!!
Why attend the Midwest Challenge Cup?
- Great facilities: 7 sports turf fields. No worrying about mud or poor playing conditions that you normally do in April in Ohio.
- Family-Friendly Scheduling: Games are scheduled in 5 hour blocks so that you are at the fields in the morning or afternoon. This leaves you the other part of the day to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame or experience the other sites of the Akron / Canton area.
- Competitive divisions: While the event is open to any and all community teams in the corresponding grade, we do have multiple levels of play in each division to help ensure that games are competitive and that you are playing against like talent. We also only have championships in the top bracket - so that there is no playing down to win a championship.
- AA: Most competitive bracket - Top level teams who normally play in Division 1 or 2 of Ohio Middle School Tournament. - Championship Format
- A: Competitive (bracket play) - Championship Format in 5/6 and 3/4 grades
- B: Intermediate teams - 3 game guarantee, round robin scheduling
- C: Newer programs - 3 game guarantee, round robin scheduling
- Field Coordinators: Every field has an adult manager to ensure that the event is run smoothly.
- Centralized headquarter: one point of contact to get all your questions answered.
- Certified Athletic Trainers: to ensure player and fan safety
Great match-ups, an amazing venue, and a well run event that is conveniently located.
Cost / Registration
- Cost is $475 a team. Early bird registration is $55 off per team or $420 until November 1, 2022.
- To register one (1) team or ten (10) teams please click on the following link - Tournament Registration
- If you dont have an account with Burning River you will have to create one so that we can contact you if needed.
- There are multiple divisions at each grade level. We ask that you sign up for the appropriate level when registering. We will follow up in April to ensure that teams are correctly assigned to divisions.
- 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, and 3rd Grade Teams
- Saturday, April 29, 2023 (7th / 8th Grade) and
- Sunday, April 30, 2023 (3rd/4th and 5th/6th) Grade Teams
- Hall Of Fame Sports Complex, 2333 17th Street NWCanton, Ohio 44708
- Tournament Information
- Times: Games run from 9 AM to 6 PM
- Teams are usually scheduled for morning or afternoon games rather than having to be there all day.
- 22-minute running halves, 5 minute halftime (Time is kept on the field)
- Modified U.S. Lacrosse rules
- 3-game guarantee each day
- One timeout 1 minute in length per game per team
- Keep it in for the team ahead in last 2 minutes.
- Face-offs after each goal and the beginning of each half.
- Penalties are timing serving (45 seconds for technical fouls and 90 seconds for personal fouls).
- The penalty will begin on official's restart of play after penalty is called and player is in the penalty box.
- Any fighting or flagrant disrespect toward an official or any other person will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No Exceptions, No Refunds.
- All games will stop IMMEDIATELY in the case of lightning and or thunder and players/spectators will be asked to seek shelter
- Times: Games run from 9 AM to 6 PM
- 2023 Player Waivers (Not Available Yet)
Things To Do
BR is proud to partner with the Canton Visitors Center to host this event! There is so much to see and do on event weekend. From visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame, to historical attractions, a wide variety of restaurants to satisfy any craving, and a host of other things to do to ensure that your weekend is one to remember.
Please visit the Vistor's Center at https://www.visitcanton.com for more details.