Burning River Players In College
Burning River Players In College
Burning River Lacrosse's travel teams have seen phenomenal success qualifying for nationals in each of the last six years and winning or reaching the championship game at numerous tournaments (see AWARDS page).
In addition, 116 of our travel team players have committed to, are playing for, or have played for over 62 different college programs at all competitive levels (D1, D2, D3, JUCO).
These college programs include: Adrian College, Air Force Academy, Babson College, Baldwin Wallace University, Bates College, Bellarmine University, Belmont Abbey, Berry College, Bowdoin College, Canisius College, College of Wooster,
Colorado College, Dartmouth College, Duke University , Emmanual College, Endicott College, Goucher College, Haverford College, College of the Holy Cross, Hood College, Jacksonville University, Lafayette College, Lake Erie College, LeMoyne College, Manhattan University, Marquette University, Mercyhurst University, Mercyhurst Northeast, Nazareth College, Oberlin College, Ohio Wesleyan, Queens College, Quinnipiac University, Roanoke College, Robert Morris College, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rollins College, Seton Hill College, St. Leo College, St. Vincent College, Salisbury University, SUNY Cortland, Siena College, Swarthmore College, Syracuse University, The Ohio State University, Thiel College, Towson State, U of Albany, U of Denver, U of Michigan, U of Mt. Union, U of Tampa, U of Virginia, Walsh University, Washington & Jefferson, and Wittenberg University.
Week of April 23 - April 29, 2012
- Daley Baker (Albany) picked up 1 GB in the Danes 14-13 win over Siena.
- Alex Wisner (Lake Erie) made 14 saves (51%) in a 19-13 win against Chestnut Hill.
- Adam Daroff (Babson) made 3 stops (75%) in an 11-2 win against Clark.
- Mark Filuta (Hood) scooped up 1 GB and had 1 CT in a 9-3 loss to Susquehanna.
- Sean Hohan (Wooster) picked up 4 GBs in a 11-5 loss to Kenyon.
- Geoff Geppert (Haverford) scored 1 goal and picked up 1 GB in a 14-11 win over Muhlenberg.
- Andrew Preiser (Swarthmore) had 1 assist in a 10-4 loss to McDaniel.
Week of April 16 - April 22, 2012
- Daley Baker (Albany) picked up 2 GB’s in the Danes 17-16 loss to UMBC.
- John Floyd (Lafayette) scored 2 goals against Lehigh in a 16-6 loss.
- Scott Loy (Syracuse) had 1 assist in a 10-8 loss to Georgetown.
- Thomas Paras (Michigan) scored 2 goals in Michigan’s 13-9 loss to Rutgers.
- Adam Daroff (Babson) made 6 saves (85%) against Regis in a 19-2 win.
- Andrew Preiser (Swarthmore) had 1 assist in a 3OT win against Haverford
- Geoff Geppert (Haverford) scored 3 goals in a triple OT loss to Swarthmore. He also scored 2 goals and picked up 1 GB in a 15-5 win over Ursinus.
- Charlie Clark (Bates) had 1 goal and picked up 1 GB in a loss to Tufts 16-11. He also scooped up 2 GBs and had 1 CT in a 6-5 loss to Connecticut College.
- Mike Perrino (Wooster) scored 1 goal, picked up 2 GBs and went 11-16 on face offs in a 7-6 loss to Wittenberg. Mike also had 1 goal, 1 assist and picked up 5 GBs in a 11-4 loss to Otterbein.
- Sean Hohan (Wooster) picked up 10 GBs and had 2 CTs against Wittenberg. Sean also had 1 assist and picked up 3 GBs in a loss to Otterbein.
- Kadeem Evans (Thiel) scooped up 5 GBs and had 2 CTs in a 19-7 loss to Otterbein.
- Jordan Boreman (Berry) made 8 saves (66%) in a 16-6 win against Piedmont
- Ran Kirby (W&J) made 22 saves (77%) in a 9-8 win against Merchant Marine.
- Mark Filuta (Hood) picked up 5 GBs and had 3 CTs against Marymount in a 10-6 win.
- Bryce Pasquariello (SV) scored 1 goal in a 25-9 loss to OWU.
Week of April 9 - April 15, 2012
- John Floyd (Lafayette) had 1 assist in their a loss to Colgate 18-7
- Scott Loy (Syracuse) had 1 goal for the Orange in a 19-6 win over Rutgers.
- Zach Clark (Saint Vincent) scored 1 goal in a 9-4 win over Washington and Jefferson
- Ran Kirby (Washington and Jefferson) made 16 saves (64%) and fought hard against Saint Vincent but would lose 9-4. Later in the week, Ran would bounce back and make 19 saves (73%) against Marymount to earn a 10-7 win.
- Congratulations to Adam Daroff (Babson) on making is his first collegiate save against UMass Boston. He would make 5 stops on the day without giving up a single goal.
- Congratulations to Andrew Preiser (Swarthmore) who notched his first collegiate point last week against Drew. Andrew had 1 assist in a 1 goal loss to Drew 11-10.
- Sean Hohan (Wooster) scooped up 7 GB's and had 3 CT's in the Scots 7-5 win over Oberlin.
- Mike Perrino (Wooster) went 4-5 in face-offs, picked up 2 GB's, and had 1 CT in Wooster's 7-5 win over Oberlin.
- Mark Filuta (Hood) picked up 6 GB's and had 2 CT's in an 11-5 loss to York
Week of April 2 - April 8, 2012
Leo Horine (Quinnipiac) had 1 assist in their Win against Wagner 15-5.
John Floyd (Lafayette) tallied his second assist of the season in their 8-4 Win against Holy Cross.
Alex Wisner (Lake Erie) made 9 saves (56%) in a big Win against CW Post 8-7.
Ran Kirby (Washington and Jefferson) had a huge day in net making 19 saves (56%) in a Loss to Susquehanna 16-10.
Geoff Geppert (Haverford) put up 1 goal and 1 assist in a Win against FDU-Florham 14-6.
Jordan Boreman (Berry) made 6 stops (86%) in a 17-2 Win against Huntingdon.
Week of March 26 - April 1, 2012
- Connor Martin (Robert Morris) scored one goal in a 22-10 win against Wagner
- Mark Filuta (Hood) had 2 Caused Turnovers (CTs) and 4 Ground Balls (GBs) in their 8-7 win against Frostburg State. He also had 2 CTs and 1 GB in a 13-5 loss against Stevenson.
- Kadeem Evans (Thiel) picked up 7 GBs and had 1 CT for the Tomcats in their 19-15 loss to La Roche. He also picked up 6 GBs and had 1 CT in their 13-5 win vs. Bethany.
- Mike Perrino (Wooster) found the back of the net 3 times and had 1 assist in a 10-8 win against St. Vincent.
- Bryce Pasquariello (St. Vincent) scored two goals against Wooster in their 10-8 loss.
- Zach Clark (St. Vincent) scored 1 goal against Wooster and had 1 assist against Greensboro in their 12-3 loss.
- Charlie Clark (Bates) picked up 2 GBs and had 1 CT in their 5-1 loss to Williams.
- Daley Baker (Albany) picked up 2 GBs in their 12-11 win against Binghamton.
- Ran Kirby (Washington and Jefferson) made 16 saves (55%) in their 13-8 loss to Catholic
- Jordan Boreman (Berry) 13 saves (59%) in a close loss to Ferrum 9-8.
Week of March 19 - March 25, 2012
Congratulations to Geoff Geppert, M, (Haverford) on his first career college start in Haverford’s 4-3 win over McDaniel.
Daley Baker, M, (Albany) scored 1 goal in the Danes loss to Bucknell 15-7
Mike Perrino, M, (Wooster) tallied 1 assist in the Scots win over Thiel 23-5. He also had 1 assist in Wooster’s loss to #9 Denison.
Ran Kirby, G, (Washington & Jefferson) made 17 saves (57%) against Scranton, but the Presidents lost 13-7.
Zach Clark, A, (St. Vincent) went for 1 goal and 1 assist in their 13-8 loss against Kenyon.
Mark Filuta, D, (Hood) scooped up 2 GB’s and had 1 CT in the Mustangs L to St. Mary’s 12-7.
Kadeem Evans, LSM, (Thiel) scored 2 goals, picked up 5 GBs, and had 2 CTs in Thiel’s big win 21-5 over PSU Abington.
- Jordan Boreman, G, (Berry) posted 17 saves (61%)in their 11-6 loss to Greensboro.
Week of March 12 - March 18, 2012
Congratulations to Andrew Vekstein (Duke) on his first career start for the Blue Devils against Harvard!
Congratulations to Zach Clark (St. Vincent) for scoring his first collegiate goal on Saturday against Wittenberg.
Ran Kirby (Washington and Jefferson) had an outstanding day in net with 25 saves (68%) in the Presidents game against Goucher.
Thomas Paras (Michigan) had a goal and an assist against Bellarmine.
Charlie Clark (Bates) scooped up 1 groundball in their 6-5 win against Wesleyan.
Alex Wisner (Lake Erie) made 5 saves (83%) in the Storms win over Coker.
Jordan Boreman (Berry) made 18 saves (55%) against Otterbein last Thursday, then had another solid day in net on Saturday against Sewanee, making 12 saves (67%).
Leo Horine (Quinnipiac) scored 1 goal last Tuesday against St. Joseph's
Mark Filuta (Hood) picked up 3 ground balls and caused 2 turnovers in their close game with Misericordia.
Week of March 5 - March 11, 2012
- Connor Martin (Robert Morris) scored 1 goal in their big win over Ohio State.
- Daley Baker (Albany) scored 1 goal for the Danes in their close game with Canisius.
- Mark Filuta (Hood) scooped up 2 GB's and had 1 CT in the Mustangs 9-8 win over Neumann.
- Geoff Geppert (Haverford) recorded his first collegiate goal this week in their win against Skidmore. He then found the back of the net twice in their game against Dension.
- Jordan Boreman (Berry) made 11 saves (58%) against Kenyon.
- Will Gilkeson (Bates) had 1 assist in their game against Amherst.
- Charlie Clark (Bates) had a good day defensively picking up 5 GBs and 3 CTs.
- Thomas Paras (Michigan) continues his scoring success putting up 2 goals & 1 assist against Loyola.
- Mike Perrino (Wooster) scored 1 goal in Wooster's game against Washington and Jefferson.
Week of February 27 - March 4, 2012
- Friday, Thomas Paras (Michigan) scored 1 goal for the Wolverines in their 9-8 OT Loss to Jacksonville. U of M would bounce back from that loss and go on to beat Mercer on Sunday 14-4. Paras put up 4 goals and 2 assists in the win.
- Two BR players made the scoring sheet for The College of Wooster last weekend. Mike Perrino (Wooster) scored 4 goals and Sean Hohan (Wooster) added 1 assist in the Scots 19-8 Win over Aurora.
- Former BR goalie Jordan Boreman (Berry) had a solid day in cage for Berry stopping 16 of 28 shots (57%). Berry did not have the offensive firepower to hang with Guilford and would lose 12-3.
- Mark Filuta (Hood) had a great day defensively, picking up 6 GB's and causing 3 turnovers. Hood lost to Eastern 8-5.
- Midfielder Will Gilkeson (Bates) scored 1 goal against Skidmore. Bates fought hard but lost 14-10.
Week of February 20 - February 26, 2012
Thomas Paras (St. Ignatius) continues his scoring success at Michigan with 1 goal against Denver.
Mike Perrino (Solon) scored 2 goals for The College of Wooster in the Fighting Scots 14-1 win over Albion.
Sean Hohan (Hoover) added 1 assist for the Fighting Scots in their 14-1 win over Albion.
Ran Kirby (University School) made 15 saves (68%) in Washington and Jefferson's game against Kenyon.
Defenseman Kadeem Evans (Shaker) scored 1 goal for Thiel in their win over Hanover.
Leo Horine (Jerome) put up 1 goal for Quinnipiac in their game against Brown.
Week of February 13 - February 19, 2012
Scott Loy (St. Francis) scored 1 goal for the Syracuse Orange against Albany.
Kadeem Evans (Shaker Heights), a defenseman for Thiel College, scored 1 goal in their game against Albion.
Thomas Paras (St. Ignatius) put up 1 goal and 1 assist for Michigan in their game against Penn State