BRLAX Mailing List
Coaching Positions Available
Below is a list of available coaching positions in Northern Ohio. If you have an interest in a position please contact the person(s) list in the position information. Burning River has no further information on any of these positions. If you would like to list a coaching position please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the position listing, contact information and any other information concerning the position.
If you are looking for up to date postings you can go to:
• Ohio High School Athletic Association - http://www.ohsaa.org/School-Resources/Job-Openings
• Laxpower - http://www.laxpower.com/common/job_listings.php
CVCA - Assistant Varsity Boys Coach - Posted 9/13/2017
Coaching candidates should send information to Jon Young, Athletic Director. www.cvcaroyals.org/about/employment/
Shaker Heights HS - Girls Head / Assistant Coach - Posted 9/13/2017 - Available: ASAP
Shaker Heights High School seeks an experienced varsity girls' lacrosse head coach to join our Athletics Department for the spring 2018 season (approximately March through June 2018). The varsity head coach directs and coordinates all aspects of the girls' lacrosse program.
The successful coach will be committed to working with and developing high school students within the context of a day school committed to promoting health and wellness, citizenship, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparing for and running daily practices.
• Game day coaching.
• Traveling to and from away games.
• Attending program meetings.
• Responding to requests from the media and prospective student-athletes.
• Handling administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and skills required for position:
• Ability to teach high level lacrosse is required including strong technical knowledge of the game.
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ coaching and/or playing experience preferred.
• Passion for working with and developing high school student-athletes.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population.
• Must successfully complete a criminal background check and all required coaching certifications per OHSAA guidelines.
• Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Salary: $5,889. Appointment: Part-Time
Contact for application and information: Don Readance, Athletic Director, 15911 Aldersyde Drive, Shaker Heights, OH. Phone: (216) 295-4264 E-mail: email@example.com
Team/school/org. site: http://www.shaker.org/
Jobs/HR web page: http://www.shaker.org/HumanResourcesandTalentManagement.aspx
Hiram College - Assistant Coach - Posted 9/5/2017 - Available: ASAP
Hiram College invites applications for the position of graduate assistant in men’s lacrosse. The successful candidate will be actively involved in the recruitment, retention, and day to day operations of the program. Hiram is a member of the North Coast Athletic Conference and NCAA Division Ill.
The position includes room, board, a living stipend of $7,000 and a tuition waiver to enroll in the Professional Graduate Studies program at the College.
Responsibilities: The interns duties will include but not be limited to assisting the head coach with all facets of training, recruiting, and retention for the program. The graduate assistant will also have responsibilities within our campus Recreation program, athletic laundry, and intramural program.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree is required. Prior experience as a collegiate lacrosse player or having worked in college lacrosse is preferred but not necessary. Exceptional attention to detail, well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and physical challenges. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented office environment and interact in a positive manner with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the public. Admission into the School of Professional and Graduate Studies is a requirement for consideration for this position. Salary: Board, a living stipend of $7,000 and a tuition waiver. Appointment: 10 months.
Contact for application and information: Hiram College, Human Resources, 11715 Garfield Road, Hiram, OH 44234. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team/school/org. site: http://www.hiramterriers.com
Jobs/HR web page: http://www.hiram.edu/careers-at-hiram-2/
Hawken School - Head Coach - Posted 9/5/2017 - Available: February 2018.
Hawken School is seeking an experienced and dynamic head coach for boys' varsity lacrosse for the 2018 season. Hawken is a historic regional and state power in high school lacrosse. The Hawks advanced to the state final four in 2015, their fourth trip, which includes one state championship. The 2018 season begins in February; planning, staffing, and off-season training programs are to be addressed upon hire.
Strong leadership skills, positive, education-based approach, and deep understanding of the game are a must. Candidates should a have a strong understanding of fitness and training regiments appropriate for high school boys. Candidates should be dynamic, energetic, and motivated, and possess a willingness to commit the required time. We prefer candidates who are not committed to a particular style of offense or defense but are always detail-oriented and strive to understand the strengths and needs of each player as well as the team.
The essential duties/responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead a highly competitive lacrosse program that aligns with Hawken’s mission of character education and fair play.
• Build on well-established traditions of quality instruction, hard work, skillful individual and team play, and a team-first approach.
• Plan, organize, and execute off-season, summer, and pre-season training and preparation programs.
• Oversee all aspects of program including long-term vision and goals, community outreach and communication, sub-varsity goals and objectives, and student-athlete life.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications: Previous head coaching is desired; previous demonstrated success playing and coaching lacrosse at a high level is required. Must hold valid Pupil Activity Permit and associated certifications.
Salary: Competitive, relative to experience. Position is part-time, seasonal.
Contact for information: Jim Doyle, Director of Athletics, P.O. Box 8002, Gates Mills, OH 44040. Phone: (440) 423-2108 E-mail: email@example.com
Team/school/org. site: http://hawken.edu
Jobs/HR web page: https://www.hawken.edu/page/about-hawken/employment
Brecksville-Broadview Hts - JV Head Coach - Posted 9/5/2017 - Available ASAP
Deadline: December 21, 2017.
We are one of the fastest growing programs in the Cleveland area and are looking for a boys' JV head coach.
Playing, coaching or managing at a collegiate, or club level
• Strong commitment to student-athletes
• Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related experience
Salary: $3,500. Appointment: Part-Time, 6 months.
Contact for application and information: Joseph Rich, Head Coach, 6380 Mill rd, Brecksville, OH. Phone: (216) 644-0134 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team/school/org. site: https://bbhhsboyslacrosse.shutterfly.com/
West Geauga - High School Boys Head Coach - Posted 9/5/2017
West Geauga High School (Chesterland). Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to athletic director, Joe Leonette, at email@example.com.