MS, & Youth Fall Travel Team Tournament
Administration & Logistics - Updated For 2021
- Who - 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029/30 players
- Dates - Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Location - Grand Park, 777 E 191st, Westfield, IN 46074
- Tournament Information
- Event Website
- Fields: Grass
- All Players must complete the NXT Fall Grand Prix waiver - You can NOT play without the waiver.
- NXT Can Am Youth Invitational Waiver
- Waivers will be due Monday, October 25th
Rules (Click Here)
- US Lacrosse/ NFHS rules with the following modifications and/or points of emphasis. Games will be played with running halves or quarters.
- Safety- In the event of inclement weather or extreme temperature, our Director of Health and Participant Safety may recommend modifications to game time for safety reasons.
- Penalties- are running time starting on the whistle (30 or 60 Sec). Penalty time stops during injuries, time-outs, end of quarters, and while another penalty is being assessed.
- Checking- Limited body checking in 7th and 8th Grade and/or 13U and 14U divisions only. Big hits & physical play (even within three yards of a loose ball) constitute unnecessary roughness (1 min penalty). One-handed stick checks are not allowed in any youth divisions (6th grade and/or 12U and Below)
- Counts- 5th-8th Grade: Clearing Counts of 20 seconds to cross midline and 10 seconds to advance the ball into the box. The leading team must keep it in the box with under 2 minutes left in the game if the opponent is within 3 goals.
- **30 SEC COUNT FOR GRAIL/MIDAMERICA EVENTS**
- Time-outs- One (30) second time-out per game. The game clock will not stop during a time-out. Time-out cannot be called in the last 4 minutes by the leading team. No time-outs in overtime unless in the championship game. The clock stops in championship games.
- Alternate possession- When the official cannot determine who should be awarded the ball it will be given to the away team, which is the team on the right side of the schedule.
- Faceoffs - All ages following US Lacrosse and NFHS rulebooks. Knee down and motogrip are allowed.
- Tie Game- There is no overtime in pool play. Each team will receive 1 point
- Mercy Rule- Applied when there is a (7) goal deficit in pool play. Teams down by (7) or more goals will get a free clear after each goal. Coaches can agree to waive this rule.
- Official Score- Will be kept by the field coordinator and a referee. Post-game the field coordinator will certify the official score with both coaches and officials. Once scores are certified & reported they may not be challenged. If a dispute arises please call a tournament director to the field.
- Roster regulations- No player can compete for a different club within the same age group or grad year. Limited age exceptions can be made in advance at the discretion of the tournament directors.
- Sportsmanship- If a player leaves the sideline to get involved in an on-the-field altercation, or a player on the field runs from the opposite end crossing the midfield, that player is automatically ejected from the game. The player may also be removed from the tournament. The offending team may have to forfeit the game at the discretion of the tournament director. In the event that both teams have players exhibiting this behavior the game may be called and both teams will have the game recorded as a loss. The offending team or teams also may render themselves ineligible for the playoffs. The coaches and officials are expected to protect and promote the safety and well-being of all players.
- No tolerance policy- alcohol, drugs, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation by players, coaches, or fans. If a player, coach, or fan are proven to be in violation of this, the result will be an immediate ejection from the tournament venue.Referees- can stop the game for any reason that he/she feels fit.Issues or concerns- Tournament Directors will only communicate with club directors on all matters
Schedule (2021 Can Am Youth Invitational - NOT AVAILABLE YET)
The actual tournament format / schedule will be released in late October. The general schedule is below.
- Saturday November 6, 2021 - Example Only
- 8:00 am - Check-in at tournament
- 9:00 am - Game 1 Field 9
- 12:00 PM - Game 2 Field 8
- 4:00 AM - Game 3 Field 6
Check In / Check Out (Tournament)
- Check-in will be from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM on Saturday November 6, 2021.
- Check-out will be after your last game on Saturday, November 6, 2021.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- Players DO NOT check In / Out at the Tournament HQ
- Players and parents should find the BR Staff Director.
- Plan on meeting us at the fields 45 minutes before your first game.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- We will email out specific instructions on where to meet as we get closer to the tournament
Lodging, Transportation & Meals
Lodging - (Parents and Players)
- There are no dorms included in your fees. All players and parents have to find their own housing.
- BR is not a travel agency - do not contact us about your hotel stay / booking.
- The tournament is using an outside travel agency. Parents can book directly with them by clicking on the link below:
- Hotel No Show Policy: Failure to cancel or check in at the above hotel will result in a charge of your entire stay to be billed.
What To Bring (Hotel and Fields)
- For the room: toiletries.
- For the field: game gear for five games; all equipment including but not limited to helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, sticks, cleats, turf shoes etc.
- Water Bottles. Water will NOT be provided, every player must bring their own water and water bottle.
- Other: casual clothing for downtime & meals, etc.
- Money: not too much, but enough for pizzas at night, drinks during the day, etc. from the camp store, which will be located on the fields.
Transportation / Directions - There Is No Bus For This Tournament
- Please note that there will be no team travel arrangements for this tournament. Therefore, players are responsible for their own transportation to and from the tournaments.
- Any player needing a ride should contact coach Calleri immediately. He will help arrange carpools. Any player/parent willing to help out with carpooling should also contact coach Calleri so that he will know where we have room in cars. Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
- Specific Directions to Grand Park can be found HERE. Just enter your address or where you plan to leave from.
Meals - You Must Bring Money For Food As Most But Not All Meals Are Included
- The tournament DOES NOT provide any meals.
- The hotels normally have breakfast for the players included in the cost.
- All other meals are not built in to the trip.
- Therefore, the kids need to bring money to pay for their meals. Please plan accordingly.
Note: Please do not skip meals it will come back to haunt you during the games.