Who We Are
Burning River was founded in 2005 by an elite group of coaches on the simple premise that club lacrosse programs should focus on putting the player and their development first. As such, we have created BR from the ground up to always put the best interests of the player and their development first. This player first focus has allowed us to become Ohio’s leader in lacrosse training and one of the top lacrosse clubs in the nation.
Our player first focus ensures that we are focusing on the things you as parents / players are looking for in a club team:
- clear and constant communication,
- commitment to individual player development,
- training that offers high reps, immediate feedback, and hands on instruction
- high coach-to-player ratios,
- superior coaching,
- and decades of experience in the lacrosse recruiting landscape.
Our training is simple, focused and dedicated to developing area players not only as players but as leaders who make a positive impact on society. To that end, we do the following:
- Teach all area players the fundamental, skills and knowledge of the game so that they can be successful members of their town, school, and summer travel teams.
- Offer individual skills sessions, box lacrosse and off season training to all players from all towns, schools and teams to strengthen the quality of local competition. We don’t care which area team wins the championship as long as the trophy comes North!
- Provide 1 on 1 guidance to travel team / college bound players and their families so that they understand the college recruitment process, what it takes to be a quality college recruit, and what it takes to be successful at the next level.
- Constantly speak with college and pro coaches about their practice formats, training methods and philosophy so that we can incorporate what they have had success with into our instructional offerings.
- Teach all young men and women that we have the privilege to work with, about the importance of taking the gifts they have been given and giving back to their own communities.
Burning River players may have different skill sets, different needs and different goals, however they all have a desire to improve, a commitment to improving and an understanding of the hard work and effort needed to achieve success.
If this is what you are looking for, we encourage you to join our program and work with our coaches.
Based in Lakewood, Burning River is Ohio’s leader in lacrosse training. We are focused on developing lacrosse players from youth through high school in Northern, Ohio. We run year round lacrosse training with clinics, skills sessions, box lacrosse and travel teams. Our Travel Teams are among the most competitive in the country. What separates us is our focus on player development, our level of dedication, our ‘Burning River Way’™ instruction and our communication.