BR Elite Skills Training (B.E.S.T.) For Defensemen
Our B.E.S.T. Defense sessions are one of our most popular offerings. The weekly 1 hour individual skills sessions are tailored to specific topics and areas that normally get limited coaching.
The sessions will be in small groups of 10 players or less per coach for defensemen.
The sessions are open to all area players on a first come, first served basis.
Our Defensive Players have received the following awards (2014 / 2023):
• 10 Ohio Position Player Of The Year
• 55 All Ohio,
• 9 All Americans • 5 Academic All Americans
• 2 Regional Player of the Year
• 17 Regional Pos POY
• 104 All Region
Our Defense Skills Sessions are run by Tyree Sewell. Coach Sewell played his college lacrosse at Lake Erie college (’18). For the past 3 years, he has headed up our defensemen and d-middie training sessions and worked with all the defensemen / d-mids on our travel teams. In 2023, he helped lead the 2029 team to championships at Pipe City Showcase and NXT Grail.
- "Just wanted to let you know that my son has been raving about the Skills session since he got home." Todd W. - Defense Clinic
Information On The Defense Training Sessions - Flyer
(Registration Open / All Dates Confirmed)
How To Register:
- Create an account if you do not have one - click on the 'create an account button on the top right of our website.
- Click this link to register (Click Here)
- September 29, 2023 for all BR Players and Families.
- October 6, 2023 for everyone else.
- Level 1 - 4th to 8th grade.
- Beginner to moderate knowledge. The focus is on shooting technique (hand placement, follow through, stepping, back shoulder follow through, etc ) and how to dodge (how to read a defender, foot placement, stick protection). Players will receive instruction on how to correctly complete basic dodges from above the cage (Face, Split, hitch, etc) and below (question mark, inside roll, bull, Z, etc).
- Level 2 - 8th to 10th grade. (Includes Special Sessions Focused on 2 Man game, Big / Little Match Ups, and Uneven Defense)
- Medium to Higher level experience. The focus improving footwork and positioning, effective ways to use your stick, on and off the ball techniques, and how to defend scoring areas, etc.
- Level 3 - HS Varsity level players. (Includes Special Sessions Focused on 2 Man game, Big / Little Match Ups, and Uneven Defense)
- HS Varsity Players. The focus is on adv. checks, on & off the ball defense, effective gle techniques, and adv. concepts (trailing, shoulder position, effective gle techniques, forcing the ball out of scoring areas, etc)
Pricing (Defense Sessions):
- Single Sessions - $40 per session.
- All Session Pass - $320 for all 10 sessions - Includes a $80 discount compared to purchasing them separately.
- Contact Coach Calleri (email@example.com or 216.373.5684) for group or bulk discounts.
Locations / Dates / Times
- Mondays at CAPS Fieldhouse located at 6060 West Canal Road, Valley View, Oh 44125
- Dates: November 6, 13, 20, 27, December 4, 11, 18, 2023 and January 8, 15, 22, 2024
- Level 1 training session - 5:00 PM
- Level 2 training session - 6:00 PM
- Level 3 training session - 7:00 PM
- Tuesdays at N. Olmsted Rec Center located at 26,000 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070.
- Dates: November 7, 14, 28, December 5, 12, 19, 2023 and January 9, 16, 23, 30, 2024
- Level 1 training sessions - 6:00 PM
- Level 2 training sessions - 7:00 PM
Sample Session Plan:
- Defense - Attendance, Footwork, Proper Technique (stopping them with your hips/feet not your stick), stick checks (lifts, pokes), and 1 v 1 skills.