College Selection Information and Links
Our goal at Burning River is to help 60+ players a year get in to college. To that end, we have compiled a list of links, pdfs, and videos that provide you with guidance and helpful information to help you achieve your goal of playing in college.
Burning River Documents
- Burning River - How To Set Goals Manual - 2020 How To Set And Achieve Goals
- Burning River College Recruiting Manual - 2019 College Recruiting Seminar Booklet
- Burning River College Selection Timeline - 2020 Recruiting Timeline for Presentation
- Colleges Who Attended Our 2020 Travel Tournaments In 2019 - 2019 Colleges At 2020 Summer Tournaments
- Burning River's Practice Philosophy, Goals, Rules - 2019 Practice Philosophy, Rules and Goals
- One Players Story (Cameron Marous) - My College Selection Process - Cameron Marous
- Ella's Spreadsheet - Ella College Workout
Academics / Finances/ Testing
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid ) gov form used to apply for financial aid for college - FAFSA website
- ACT Test website and resources- ACT Website
- SAT Test website and resources - SAT Website
- AP Exam website and resources - AP Website
- Ohio CCP website and resources - Ohio CCP Website
Search Engines / Scholarships / Stats
All BR players get Connectlax which has a search / find engine for colleges based on your criteria.
Additional search engines are listed below
- Big Future College Search
- College Data Search
- Princeton Review
- Petersons College Search
- My College Options
- If you need help creating a highlight tape watch this video on how to make a highlight tape
- If you want to view our alumni's highlight tapes to look for example they can be found here
- BR Players - each of you gets 1 highlight tape from Connectlax for being a part of Burning River. Please log in to your connectlax account for details
- What should you include in a highlight tape? Below is a list of the minimum that you should put on your tape.
- Your name, school, club, number and contact information - Right at the start, don't make coaches look for it.
- Your coaches name and contact information - Right at the start, don't make coaches look for it.
- Your stats and awards.
- 8-14 clips (2 to 3 minutes, showing you doing all the requirements of your position)
- e.g. Attack - riding, dodging to feed, dodging to score, finishing off ball.
- Do - get the tape reviewed, show your hustle and effort, show your athleticism.
- Don't - use profanity or music that uses it, show assumed skills (We all assume you can throw it in an empty cage), show that you have a low lax IQ