MS & Youth Summer Travel Team Tournament
Administration & Logistics
- Who - 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027/28 teams
- Dates - Saturday July 25 and Sunday July 26th
- Location - 137 Line Rd, Line Road Sports Complex | Malvern, PA
- Tournament Information
- Event Website
- Fields: Grass
- Teams Attending in 2019
- API Diamondbacks, Bandits, Blak Widow, DC Express, Dukes Mainline, Evergreen, Greene Turtle, HEADstrong – Quakers , Holo, IM3, Jersey Thunder, Patriot Stars Rock Lacrosse PA, Shockwave, Team Minnesota, , UC Thunder, Zingos, Zombies
- All Players must complete the Summer Sizzle waiver - You can NOT play without the waiver.
The Waiver is emailed to players. They then must click on a link in the email and register.
- If you can not find the waiver email you can register without it by going to the website and creating an account. Directions to do so are here.
- The website is Link to website for waiver
- Scroll down until you see 'Directions for Parents to Complete the Waiver without an invite from their Coach'
- Follow those instructions.
- Two, 22-minute running halves; teams change direction after the half.
- Halftime will be two (2) minutes, running clock.
- In case of an injury in the final two (2) minutes of the second half, field coordinator will stop the clock and work with the referees on finishing the game.
- One-30 sec timeout per game per team. Clock does not stop;therefore timeouts cannot be called in the last four(4) minutes of the game. Penalty time does stop during a timeout. If a time out is called under the four minute mark the ball will be awarded to the other team.
- MERCY RULE –applies when there is a four (4) goal deficit in pool play. Teams down by four (4) or more goals will be awarded the ball at midfield in lieu of a face-off. Mercy Rule does NOT apply in the playoffs
- Only three (3) coaches are permitted on the sidelines during the game.
- Referees can stop the game for any reason that he/she feels fit. Examples include serious injury, weather, etc.
- Time Serving Penalties -Penalty time will be kept by the field coordinator. Penalty time served is time and a half. Penalty time stops on all timeouts.
- The official score will be kept by both the table staff and one of the game officials. The staff and referee will confer throughout the game and stoppages to ensure the correct score.
- All substitutions are on the fly.
- NO 1 HANDED CHECKS
- Limited body-checking, excessively big hits and physical play (even within five yards of a loose ball) constitute unnecessary roughness and will result in a 1-minute penalty. The Boys Summer Slam Directors and Staff consider the safety of each player our first priority and we expect coaches and players to understand and abide by this philosophy as well. The officials are expected to protect and promote the safety of all players.
- If a sidelined player(s) leaves his/her team bench to engage in an on-field altercation, that player will be removed from the tournament and their team may have to forfeit.
- Player(s) who engage in antagonistic behavior (verbal assault, fighting etc.) may be removed from games or suspended from the tournament.
- There is no overtime in Pool Play. Tie games will end in a draw and each team will receive 1 point towards their pool standing.
- In playoff play, there will be a four (4) minute sudden-death overtime period followed by a 3 v 3 plus goalie Brave Heart competition until a goal is scored. Substitutions will be allowed on the fly.
- Championship games will play a four (4) minute overtime periods until a goal is scored. Brave Heart will not be used during championship games.
- No time-outs in playoff overtime.
- In case of a forfeited game the score will be reflected in the standings as 4 to 0.
Schedule (2020 Liberty Rising Tournament - NOT AVAILABLE YET)
The actual tournament format / schedule will be released in June. The general schedule is below.
- Saturday July 25, 2020 - POOL PLAY (Example Only)
- 8:00 am - Check-in at tournament
- 9:00 am - Game 1 Field 9
- 12:00 PM - Game 2 Field 8
- 4:00 AM - Game 3 Field 6
- Sunday July 26, 2020 - PLAYOFFS (Example Only)
- 9:00 am - Game 4 Field 9
- 12:00 PM - Game 5 Field 8
2020 Check In / Check Out (Tournament)
- Check-in will be from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM on Saturday July 25th .
- Check-out will be after your last game on Sunday July 26th.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- Players DO NOT check In / Out at the Tournament HQ
- Players and parents should find the BR Staff Director.
- Plan on meeting us at the fields 45 minutes before your first game.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- We will email out specific instructions on where to meet as we get closer to the tournament
Lodging, Transportation & Meals
Lodging - (Parents and Players)
- There are no dorms included in your fees. All players and parents have to find their own housing.
- BR is not a travel agency - do not contact us about your hotel stay / booking.
- The tournament is using an outside travel agency. Parents can book directly with them by clicking on the link below:
- 2020 Liberty Rising Link (NOT YET Available)
- All Reservations need to be made by June 19, 2020.
- Hotel No Show Policy: Failure to cancel or check in at the above hotel will result in a charge of your entire stay to be billed.
2020 What To Bring (Hotel and Fields)
- For the room: toiletries.
- For the field: game gear for five games; all equipment including but not limited to helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, sticks, cleats, turf shoes etc.
- Water Bottles. Water will be provided on every field, but not water bottles.
- Other: casual clothing for downtime & meals, etc.
- Money: not too much, but enough for pizzas at night, drinks during the day, etc. from the camp store, which will be located on the fields.
2020 Transportation / Directions - There Is No Bus For This Tournament
- Please note that there will be no team travel arrangements for this tournament. Therefore, players are responsible for their own transportation to and from the tournaments.
- Any player needing a ride should contact coach Calleri immediately. He will help arrange carpools. Any player/parent willing to help out with carpooling should also contact coach Calleri so that he will know where we have room in cars. Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
- Specific Directions to Line Road Sports Complex, 137 Line Rd, Malvern, PA 19355 can be found HERE. Just enter your address or where you plan to leave from.
2020 Meals - You Must Bring Money For Food As Most But Not All Meals Are Included
- The tournament DOES NOT provide any meals.
- The hotels normally have breakfast for the players included in the cost.
- All other meals are not built in to the trip.
- Therefore, the kids need to bring money to pay for their meals. Please plan accordingly.
Note: Please do not skip meals it will come back to haunt you during the games.