BR Fall High School Practice Sessions
- The rapid growth in on campus “prospect days”and players need to prepare for them
- Player feedback about wanting more high level training sessions in the fall
We have decided to run Fall Practice sessions for high school athletes. The practice sessions will run for 4 weeks and take place on Tuesday nights from 7:30 pm to 9 pm. The sessions are on Tuesdays so that attendees can go to the weekend Prospect Camps being offered by the colleges. The sessions will be held at the Caps Fieldhouse in Valley View, Ohio (near 480 & 77).
The instruction will be intense, in small groups (att, mid, def, goalies) and geared towards helping the attendees get ready to lead their teams in the coming year. The instruction will be given by some of the top area coaches and Burning River Lacrosse alumni who are playing in college. It will be based on the practices that some of the top college coaches in Division 1, 2, and 3 (e.g. Salisbury, Roanoke, NYIT, Syracuse, Maryland, Hobart) have helped us organize and have used themselves to guide their teams to the success they have had in the NCAA playoffs.
Interested players can register for the sessions Individually ($25 a session) or get all 4 sessions for $80. The sessions are open to all area players and a first come, first served basis.
How Do I Register For The Fall Practices?
To register click on the link below:
- Fall Practice Sessions (Sept 25, Oct 2, 9, 16) - 1 session ($25)/4 sessions $80 - Click to Register
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact us at 216.373.5684
Fall HS Practice Sessions Overview
- Single Sessions - $25 for players / for goalies
- All 4 sessions - $80 for players / for goalies
- All 2019-2022 players
- You do NOT have to be part of our travel teams to attend.
- NOT for beginning players
- Tuesday, Sept 25, October 2, October 9 and October 16
- CAPS Fieldhouse located at 6060 West Canal Road, Valley View, Oh 44125 (off of Rockside road near 480 & 77)
Sample Session Plan:
- 0:00 to 0:5 - Stretch
- 0:05 to 0:15 - GB / Goalie warmup
- 0:20 to 0:45 - Individual / Unit Fundamentals
- Offense - Shooting / Passing
- Defense stick work
- 0:45 to 1:30 Unit / Group work
- 3 v 2 from left, top and right
- Continuous 3 v 2 (10 minutes)
- 4 v 3 with GB to start or scramble from side or top
- Tight 4 v 3 (Circle of Doom)