HS, MS, & Youth Summer Travel Team Tournaments
Administration & Logistics
- Who - 2024, 2025 and 2026 White teams
All MS and Youth teams
- Dates - Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9, 2023
- Location - 300 Nike Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
- Tournament Information
- Event Website
- Fields: grass and field turf, so bring cleats and your preference for turf shoes or cleats.
- Event Info: Pipe City Lacrosse Festival, the must-attend event of the year, every year! At the Midwest’s largest single-site event, you can expect 600 games of lacrosse, over 6,000 athletes, and recruiting for ALL HIGH SCHOOL DIVISIONS with 100+ college coaches!
- Teams Attending (2023)
- Black Jack, Grey Duck, Headlines, Minnesota Athletic Club, Pirates, Stags Lacrosse, Team Minnesota, Team One, Team Wisconsin, TC Select, True Illinois, True Wisconsin, Velocity, Western Warriors
- Colleges In Attendance At BR Attended Tournaments in 2022 - (Click For Full List)
- 2023 Waiver CLICK HERE
Pool Play and General Game Rules
- Each team plays a minimum of 4 games.
- Two 22-minute halves with a 5-minute halftime.
- A faceoff will start each half and will be done following each goal.
- Each team will have one 30 second timeout during pool play (cannot be taken in the last 2 minutes of the game)
- 14U and younger - NO one-handed stick checks
- Time serving penalties are time and a half
- Penalty time will stop during a timeout, halftime, OT or any referee initiated clock stoppage on the field
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If a stick is found to be legal a delay of game technical foul will be assessed. If the stick is illegal, the appropriate penalty will be applied. No stick checks under 2 minutes of game play.
- No noise makers - Any person who violates this rule will be escorted off the field.
Pool Play Games ONLY
- A horn will start the game at the beginning of the hour.
- At 47 minutes passed the hour a double horn will sound. This double horn signals the 2 minute warning.
- At 49 minutes passed the hour, one long horn will sound which will signal the end of the game.
- No overtime in pool play games. Ties are allowed.
Playoff Games Only
- 4 minute, sudden death.
- If the game is still tied after the first overtime, teams will take a 1 minute break and start then start the second, 4 minute overtime.
- 4 minute overtimes (with 1 minute breaks) will continue until a winner is declared.
- If a team did NOT use their (1) timeout during regulation time, it will carry over into overtime and can be used at any point during overtime. No additional timeouts will be given.
- Points will be awarded as:
- 3 points win,
- 1 point tie,
- 0 points loss, and
- -1 points forfeit.
- Flights with ties in points will be determined by the following tie-break rules, applied in ascending order:
- Head to Head Play (if tied teams have all played each other.)
- Most Wins (WIN)
- Fewest goals allowed (GA)
- Total point difference for pool play games only (+7, -7) ** A win by forfeit receives +7 (AGD)
- Coin Toss
- Multiple Team Tie:
- In the event of a 3-way tie for seeding, the process starts with step 2-b and once a team is selected to advance from the tiebreaker process, then the tiebreak process starts over (with step 2-a) for the remaining two teams.
Schedule (CLICK FOR THE GAME SCHEDULE) - (Field Map) - NOT AVAILABLE YET
The actual tournament format / schedule will be released in June. The general schedule is below.
- Saturday, July 8, 2022
- 8:00 am - Check-in
- 10:00 am - Game 1
- 12:00 pm - Game 2
- 3:00 pm - Game 3
- Sunday, July 9, 2023
- 8:00 am - Playoffs start
2023 Check In / Check Out (Tournament)
- Check-in will be from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM on Saturday, July 8, 2023.
- Check-out will be after your last game on Sunday, July 9, 2023.
- The tournament director has asked that only the head coach from each team check-in / check-out.
- Players and parents should find the BR Staff Director.
- Note: Plan on meeting us at the fields 45 minutes before your first game.
- We will email out more specific instructions on where to meet as we get closer to the tournament.
Lodging, Transportation & Meals
Lodging - (Parents and Players)
- There are no dorms included in your fees. All players and parents have to find their own housing.
- BR is not a travel agency - do not contact us about your hotel stay / booking.
- The tournament sent me the following information that parents can book directly:
- All Reservations need to be made by June 1, 2023.
- Hotel No Show Policy: Failure to cancel or check in at the above hotel will result in a charge of your entire stay to be billed.
2023 What To Bring (Hotel and Fields)
- For the room: toiletries.
- For the field: game gear for five games; all equipment including but not limited to helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, sticks, cleats, turf shoes etc.
- Water Bottles. Water will be provided on every field, but not water bottles.
- Other: casual clothing for downtime & meals, etc.
- Money: not too much, but enough for pizzas at night, drinks during the day, etc. from the camp store, which will be located on the fields.
2023 Transportation / Directions - There Is No Bus For This Tournament
- Please note that there will be no team travel arrangements for this tournament. Therefore, players are responsible for their own transportation to and from the tournaments.
- Any player needing a ride should contact Coach Calleri immediately. He will help arrange carpools. Any player/parent willing to help out with carpooling should also contact coach Calleri so that he will know where we have room in cars. Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
- Specific Directions to the TOURNAMENT fields can be found HERE. Just enter your address / where you plan to leave.
2023 Meals - You Must Bring Money For Food As Most But Not All Meals Are Included
- The tournament DOES NOT provide any meals.
- The hotels normally have breakfast for the players included in the cost.
- All other meals are not built in to the trip.
- Therefore, the kids need to bring money to pay for their meals. Please plan accordingly.
Note: Please do not skip meals it will come back to haunt you during the games.