MS & Youth Summer Travel Team Tournament
Administration & Logistics
- Who - 2025, 2026, 2027 and 2028/29 teams
- Dates - Saturday July 10th through Sunday July 11th
- Location - Jr. Irish Fields (5200 Nimtz Parkway., South Bend, IN 46628)
- Tournament Information
- Event Website
- Fields: grass and field turf, so bring cleats and your preference for turf shoes or cleats.
- The tournament will provide an atmosphere convenient to both teams and college coaches.
- All Players must complete the Pipe City waiver - You can NOT play without the waiver.
The Waiver is completed online. The player will receive an email with the waiver to be completed.
- Pool Play Games will consist of 2 twenty two-minute running time periods with a five minute halftime. Games will begin promptly.
- Each team will receive one 30 second timeout each half at which time the clock will stop. Timeouts will not carry over to the next half.
- The clock will stop on all whistles in the last 2 minutes of the game if the goal differential is 2 goals or less.
- There will be no overtime in regulation pool play.
- Playoff & Championship games will consist of two 15 minute running period. A one minute timeout will separate the periods at which time the teams will change ends of the field. Each team will have one 30 second timeout per game at which the clock will stop. The clock will stop on all whistles during the last two minutes of the game.
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by a sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finished the game. If the game remains tied after 8 minutes, a one minute break will be called by the officials at which time teams will change ends.
- All penalties will be running time, except when the game clock is stop-start. The penalty clock will begin when the official blows the whistle to restart play.
- There will be no shot clocks. If a team appears to be stalling they will be warned, then forced to keep the ball in the box. This call will be made at the referee's discretion.
- Any division that is 2027 or older will play by 2018 NCAA advancement rules (30 seconds to advance the ball into the offensive box).
- Crease dives of any kind will not be permitted for youth divisions (2024 or younger).
- Substitutions will be on the fly only, except on a time serving penalty. In that case the teams will have a quick substitution to get EMO or EMD on the field.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be assessed a timeout. If no timeouts remain, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed.
- Fighting, as determined by an official, is an automatic ejection from the game.
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs, unless permitted at the direct discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Forfeits will be considered a 4-2 victory for the team that is prepared to play.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No rulings will be overturned after the game
- No noise makers will be allowed at any field (horns, whistles, sirens, cowbells, etc.) Offenders will be asked to leave the field.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in/coaching/watching his/her teams' next game. If a player/coach/fan is ejected for a second time he/she will be disqualified from the tournament.
Schedule (2021 Pipe City Tournament - NOT AVAILABLE YET)
The actual tournament format / schedule will be released in June. The general schedule is below.
- Saturday July 10, 2021 - POOL PLAY (Example Only)
- 8:00 am - Check-in at tournament
- 9:00 am - Game 1 Field 9
- 12:00 PM - Game 2 Field 8
- 4:00 AM - Game 3 Field 6
- Sunday July 11, 2021 - PLAYOFFS (Example Only)
- 9:00 am - Game 4 Field 9
- 12:00 PM - Game 5 Field 8
2021 Check In / Check Out (Tournament)
- Check-in will be from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM on Saturday July 10th .
- Check-out will be after your last game on Sunday July 11th.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- Players DO NOT check In / Out at the Tournament HQ
- Players and parents should find the BR Staff Director.
- Plan on meeting us at the fields 45 minutes before your first game.
- Only the BR Tournament Director will check-in and check-out.
- We will email out specific instructions on where to meet as we get closer to the tournament
Lodging, Transportation & Meals
Lodging - (Parents and Players)
- There are no dorms included in your fees. All players and parents have to find their own housing.
- BR is not a travel agency - do not contact us about your hotel stay / booking.
- The tournament sent me the following information that parents can book directly:
- All Reservations need to be made by June 18, 2021.
- Hotel No Show Policy: Failure to cancel or check in at the above hotel will result in a charge of your entire stay to be billed.
2021 What To Bring (Hotel and Fields)
- For the room: toiletries.
- For the field: game gear for five games; all equipment including but not limited to helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, sticks, cleats, turf shoes etc.
- Water Bottles. Water will NOT be provided on every field, be sure to bring lots of water
- Other: casual clothing for downtime & meals, etc.
- Money: not too much, but enough for pizzas at night, drinks during the day, etc. from the camp store, which will be located on the fields.
2021 Transportation / Directions - There Is No Bus For This Tournament
- Please note that there will be no team travel arrangements for this tournament. Therefore, players are responsible for their own transportation to and from the tournaments.
- Any player needing a ride should contact coach Calleri immediately. He will help arrange carpools. Any player/parent willing to help out with carpooling should also contact coach Calleri so that he will know where we have room in cars. Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
- Specific Directions to Jr. Irish Fields, 5200 Nimtz Parkway., South Bend, IN 46628 can be found HERE. Just enter your address or where you plan to leave from.
2021 Meals - You Must Bring Money For Food As Most But Not All Meals Are Included
- The tournament DOES NOT provide any meals.
- The hotels normally have breakfast for the players included in the cost.
- All other meals are not built in to the trip.
- Therefore, the kids need to bring money to pay for their meals. Please plan accordingly.
Note: Please do not skip meals it will come back to haunt you during the games.